Friday, June 4, 2010

Ida B. Wells

"one better die fighting against injustice than die like a dog or a rat in a trap" - Ida B. Wells

this quote by Ida B. Wells i really strongly agree with. i would rather die trying to fight for what i belive in and for my rights than not speak and the injustice that i go through still continue and someone lse expierence what i went through. i dont just fight for my rights i fight for everybody elses too. i think that everybody should be treated equally and not one person should be treated any different. this quote applies to my life especially because i fight for the right of my daughter! there was this time where somebody in this place i used to live was denying to give me formula for my baby and after what seemed like forever we stopped arguing and they went to go to the cabinet where the formula was suppose to be and they came back in and told me that they didnt have the kind of formula my daughter drinks and told me that i have to feed my baby this other formula that is milk based when she is allergic to milk. so there was another arguement where i was fighting for my formula because there suppose to provide us what we need for ourselves and our babies and at that time they were not providing me or my baby what they need. in the end i got what i wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment